On this week’s Spiel Chicago, Smyra revisits an interview from 2015 with three burlesque producers. Get to know Red Rum, Stella Cheeks, and Ray Ray Sunshine as they share the strange ways they found their way to burlesque, their tips for getting started and how people outside of theatre react when they tell them what they do. This is part one of a two-part episode on burlesque. Part two will be posted on Sept 5th.
- Red Rum: The Lon Chaney of Burlesque (or @RedRumBurlesque)
- Stella Cheeks: Making Men Scream Her Name in the Streets (@Stella_Cheeks)
- Ray Ray Sunshine: The Busy Stripper (or @TheBusyStripper)
- Pervesk Burlesque
- Not Your Demographic: Stella’s feminist wrestling podcast
- Original Tease at Lincoln Tap Room and Holiday Club
- Plan 9 Burlesque: Ruining Your Childhood Since 2012
- Burlesqo: Live Band Burlesque at Virgin Hotel
Next episode we will talk with Chicago arts educator and actress Sindy Castro!